Comcast Email is a web-based email service that users can access through the Xfinity homepage. This email service can be configured with desktop email clients to obtain email messages through the following platform. Many people choose this preparation today. Once the installation is set up, it is very easy to use. This blog is about the process of aligning Outlook Express for Comcast email settings.
To configure your Microsoft Outlook 2013 client to work with Comcast email, follow the steps below.
Note: These instructions also apply to Microsoft Outlook 2016.
Let’s Configure Microsoft Outlook Or Comcast IMAP Settings Outlook 2016
- Open Outlook 2013 or Outlook 2016.
- Click the File menu.
- Click the Account Settings button, then select Add Account.
- Select Manual setup or additional server types and click Next.
- Select POP or IMAP. Click Next.
- Enter your name into the Your Name: field and your full email address into the E-mail Address: field (including the @comcast.net portion of your email address).
- Select IMAP in the Account Type: field.
- Enter imap.comcast.net into the Incoming mail server: field.
- Enter smtp.comcast.net into the Outgoing mail server (SMTP): field.
- Confirm your Xfinity ID has automatically been entered into the User Name: field.
- Enter your password into the Password: field.
- Click More Settings
- Click the Outgoing Server tab.
- Click the check-box for My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication.
- Confirm the radio button for Use same settings as my incoming mail server is selected. Then click the Advanced tab.
- Enter 993 in the Incoming server (IMAP): field.
- Select SSL from the drop-down box for Use the following type of encrypted connection:.
- Enter 587 in the Outgoing server (SMTP): field.
- Select TLS from the drop-down box for Use the following type of encrypted connection:.
- Click OK.
- Click Next. Outlook will perform a test of the account settings.
- Click Close when the test completes.
- Click Finish.
- Click Close.
Well Done! You have finished reconfiguring your Outlook client to send and receive mail from Comcast.