Errors while sending and receiving emails in AOL Mail and their solutions
Errors are quite irritating for us whenever we face them. Similarly, the errors occur during sending and receiving emails in AOL mail is also prevalent. However, we can easily rectify them. AOL is a website known to us as a media website. But they are also providing the mailing services.
Here are some of the errors and their solutions.
Trouble to sign in to your account
This might be a precautionary step taken by AOL because any unusual activity is detected. If you are displayed a message “We detected unusual activity” or “Your Username or Password is incorrect” for a significant number of times, then you would be asked to reset your password.
The following steps help you to reset your password using a verification process.
- Open the AOL mail web page used to log in your mail.
- Enter your username and press Next.
- Now click on I forgot my password, type in your username and tap on Next.
- Now enter the phone number connected with your account. It is simply the number you registered when you created the AOL Mail account and click Next.
- In order to verify your identity, a verification code will be sent to you by text or a phone call.
- Once you receive the code, enter it into the Enter Code box and click on Next Button.
- When prompted to enter a new password, enter it and click on Save button.
You can also try recovering using an option to receive an email to reset your password:
- After doing the same early steps, click on Try another verification option.
- Type or select Email a reset link to my recovery email address and click Next.
- This action will enable an email to the address you entered as an alternative email when you signed up for AOL Mail.
- Now Click Close.
- Sign into your alternative email account and look for the password reset mail from AOL.
- Open the rest link given in the mail.
- Enter a new password in the opened page and click on Save.
Not able to read email in AOL Mail?
There might be plenty of reasons why you were unable to read emails in AOL Mail. These are very minor errors and can be rectified easily. Here are some troubleshooting tips for you if you are unable to read an email.
- Whenever a person visits a website, the temporary Internet files and cookies are stored on the computer. It is because it stores the visiting data of the website. These files can be quite large if not cleared regularly and might affect your browsing performance. They might also cause the problem of not being able to read an email in AOL mail. So, clear them from your computer.
- If there are multiple web browsers, then their settings might have been influenced by each other. So, rest their settings to default and then try using the AOL mail again.
- Alternatively, you can also disable the pop-up window in the AOL Mail settings. To do so check the following steps.
- Go to AOL Mail.
- Click on Options and then select Settings button.
- Go to the General tab.
- Go to the Pop-Up Windows section in AOL mail setting and check always read mail in a new window and always writes mail in new window checkboxes. And click on Save Settings.
When you are not able to send an email with AOL mail, you can try the following troubleshooting points.
Similar to the solution when you are unable to receive emails, you should clear caches, temporary data and history from your browser, to enable the seamless working of your browser and in turn, the problem will also be solved.
Images not displayed when forwarded through AOL Mail
Sometimes, the receiver of an email will not be displayed the images when forwarded through AOL Mail in plain text, or if you’re using the Mac Safari browser. To overcome these problems follow the upcoming solution.
- On your mail settings, if the Compose Settings are not enabled as rich text or HTML, then the images will not be displayed in the forwarded e-mails. So,
- Below your Username, click the Options menu and then press Mail Settings.
- Now click on Compose.
- Then check the box next to Use Rich Text/HTML Editing and click Save.
- Alternatively, you can also temporarily disable the firewall settings on your PC. This software might think that there is a security flaw and disable you from connecting to AOL mail. So, you can temporarily disable the settings to send the emails without any issues.
- Suppose you haven’t restarted your computer for a longer duration, then a lot of internal memory would have built up in your RAM. Therefore restart your computer and use it again. Now you can easily send or receive emails without any issues.