Access AOL Mail in Mozilla Thunderbird
Do you want to use AOL Mail from Mozilla Thunderbird? We’ll walk you through a quick guide to AOL mail setup for Thunderbird. Although you can read your AOL email from your web browser, it is always beneficial to set up an application that you use to receive mail. Here’s how you can configure AOL mail settings for Thunderbird.
To setup AOL mail account in Mozilla Thunderbird Follow the steps
- First of all you have already Mozilla thunderbird. If Download Mozilla thunderbird from official website.
- Open the Mozilla Thunderbird Program.
- Go to Right Corner Click on three Parallel line . Then Click on Account Settings. (Windows, Mac) or Edit > Account Settings (Linux) from the menu in Mozilla Thunderbird.
Note : If you can not see the menu, press Alt key.
- Click Account Activity.
- Select Add Mail Account. That comes from the menu.
- Type your name under Your Name:
- After that Put your full AOL email address (including “@aol.com“) under Email Address:.
- Enter your AOL email password in Password Field:
- Click to Continue button.
- Make sure that IMAP (remote folders) is selected.
To download a new mail from Mozilla Thunderbird AOL, select POP3 (Keep Mail on your computer), but do not synchronize folders and tasks.
- Note that, with POP3, Mozilla Thunderbird will be set up to remove messages downloaded from AOL after two weeks or after being removed locally; After the next step, you can change these options under the server settings of your accounts. Next Steps
- Click Done.
- Click OK.