To see how to set up Bellsouth email using Windows Live Mail, you don’t have to put in much effort. There is a simple process that you must follow and you will be able to set up Bellsouth email using Windows Live Mail.
Bellsouth email is mostly used with email clients because it’s easier that way. While it is possible to use Bellsouth email as is, that is, via webmail, it will open in another tab, while the rest of the email accounts will be accessed from a different tab. To keep things simple, Bellsouth email should be used with an email client.
Now, speaking of more email clients, Windows Live Mail is one of the most popular email clients. It is widely used by email users around the world because it is fast, secure, and easy to use. If you use Bellsouth email and want to set it up with your Windows Live Mail, you can.
- In Windows Live Mail, you need to click on the “File” tab.
- On the “File” tab, you will need to click “Add Account” and then on the “Add New Account” window. After that, this is what you will do.
- Click the radio button “Manual configuration” or “Additional server types” and then click the “Next” button.
- Click the “POP” or “IMAP” radio button, and then click “Next”.
- Use the “User Information” section to enter your name and email address.
- Your contacts will show the name you enter when they receive your email. Therefore, be careful when entering the name.
- In the “Server” section, you must select “POP3” or “IMAP” for the “Account type”.
Individual email account holders will have to do the following steps:-
- If you use “POP3” accounts, you must enter “inbound.att.net” for the incoming mail server. For “Outgoing mail server”, enter “outbound.att.net”.
- If you are using “IMAP” accounts, you must enter “imap.mail.att.net” for “incoming mail server” and “smtp.mail.att.net” for “outgoing mail server”.
- Use the “Login Information” section, you will need to enter “username”, “password” and then check the “Remember password” box.
- Click on “More Settings” and then check the following options for the “Outgoing Server” option.
- My outgoing server requires authentication.
- Use the same settings as my incoming mail server.
- Now, click on the “Advanced” tab and enter the following details:
- If you use the POP3 account, enter “995” for the port number and select “SSL” under “Use the following type of encrypted connection”.
- For SMTP, enter “465” in the port number and select “SSL” in “Use the following type of encrypted connection”.
- If you are using an IMAP account, enter “993” as the port number and select “SSL”. The SMTP port is “465” and don’t forget to select “SSL”
- Click “OK” and then use the “Internet E-mail Settings” window to touch “Next”.
- Click “Finish” now.
This was the process of setting up Bellsouth email with Windows Live Mail. You will not find any problem performing these steps on your own, but should you encounter any problems, you can request the help of Bellsouth email . They will walk you through the process of setting up Bellsouth email with Windows Live Mail.