Users reported that they’re unable to send emails and, once they try, they are prompted with this lengthy error:
Outlook cannot connect to your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or internet service provider (ISP). Error 0x80042109
Let’s Fix Outlook error 0x80042109 in Windows 10 :
Follow the four best method :-
- Check your Network connectivity
- Change the outgoing port
- Reconfigure your Firewall
- Remove your account and add it again
Method 1:- Check Network connectivity
First of all, you will need to confirm that your computer is properly connected to a stable network. For obvious reasons, your email client will not be able to contact the servers and therefore you will not be able to receive or send emails. If your connection is unsatisfactory and you are sure that you are to blame for the error, here are the steps you need to take to troubleshoot connection issues:
- Restart the router and modem.
- Switch to a wired connection instead of a wireless connection.
- Restart the computer.
- Temporarily disable proxy and VPN.
- Run Windows troubleshooter.
Method 2:- Change Server outgoing port(SMTP & IMAP)
Always standard outgoing SMTP port’s value is by default set to 25.
- Open Outlook.
- Choose Tools.
- Open Account Settings.
- Double-click on the troubled email address.
- Choose More Settings.
- Open Advanced.
- Set Outgoing server SMTP port to 587 and select TLS encryption.
- Confirm selection and look for changes.
Method 3:- Reconfigure Firewall
Even if you have configured the ports for incoming and outgoing email, the problem may persist. A firewall could be the cause of the error. Confirm that Firewall is indeed allowing Outlook to access the internet, follow the instructions below:
- In the Windows Search bar, type Firewall and open Windows Firewall.
- From the left pane, click on ”Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall”.
- Click on the ”Change settings” button
Method 4:- Remove your account and add it again
You can try and remove your account from Outlook. Open Your Outlook Application. File > Account Settings > Account Settings clicking on it > Choose the Outlook Account > Remove icon (Delete Account) .
After That Restart the PC/ Desktop. Login Again your Outlook account.