Most error messages indicate the cause of the problem, but the AOL mailbox is not a temporarily available error. When you try to send a message, if you receive this error, confirm that the receiver’s email address is correct. After that, the next suspect is your Internet settings. If the sender’s address is correct, and your Internet is connected, the mailbox is unavailable due to a server problem or your browser.
Let’s the troubleshooting steps to fix your unavailable AOL mailbox.
Confirm the status of your AOL server :-
The most obvious suspect is the AOL server, if you have entered the receiver’s email address correctly, with the error message AOL mailbox temporarily not available. You can view the status of your AOL server on various websites, such as down detectors and outage reports.
If the AOL server is down where you are, then there is nothing you can do to fix your AOL mailbox that is temporarily unavailable. However, if the server is up, the problem is local to your network.
Clear browsing data and disable extensions :-
- To view your browsing history on most browsers, press CTRL + H. On this screen, you can delete your browsing history, cached files and data. On other browsers, you need to find and enter the settings page.
- From Settings, go to the Privacy and Security section and look for an option to clear your browsing data. Set the time frame for which you want the history to be deleted and hit OK.
- By browsing data we mean internet browsing history, cache and data. The process of clearing browser data varies from browser to browser, but the fundamentals are the same.
- After clearing your browsing data for a more complete process, it is also best to disable all third-party extensions. After doing these, try sending email again.
Disable security :-
Antivirus, anti-malware, and firewalls can block the ports and connections used to access your AOL mail. After changing your DNS server configuration and restarting your machine, if the AOL mailbox is temporarily still not available, disable any security measures you have set and try again.
Other AOL Mail Problems :-
If AOL Mail is not working in your web browser, check if you have set up filters that send messages directly to the trash. Problems with displaying images in AOL Mail can be resolved later by accessing AOL Mail. You can also try using AOL Basic Mail to view your mail, as it doesn’t require fast internet. Find solutions for AOL mail problems below.
AOL Mail Not Receiving Emails :
- Check the mail filter settings in the first step to fix AOL mail not working.
- Check all filters and disable those that are not required.
- Some filters in the mail application will direct incoming mail to the trash or spam folder directly.
- Disable these filters and check if the problem is resolved.
- If there is a lot of traffic on the network or any problem with the mail server, the mail will be delayed.
- Please wait patiently for a few minutes and check if you are receiving the mail.
- Next, log into AOL Mail and navigate to the Spam folder.
- Check if you received the mail in the spam folder. If so, select the email and then click the Not spam option available at the top of the screen.
AOL Mail Not Loading :-
- Please follow the instructions given below if your AOL won’t load on your iOS device.
- First, enable Airplane Mode on your phone and turn it off after a few seconds. Check if the mail loads correctly.
- Reset the network settings in the next step by navigating to the Settings menu on your iPhone.
- Select the General option followed by the Reset option. Choose the Reset Network Settings option on the next page.
- Remove the AOL account from your iPhone and add it again. In Settings, choose the Accounts and Passwords option.
- Select the AOL account and then tap on the Remove account option.
- To add the account again, choose the Add account option and follow the instructions to add the account.