Outlook Error 0x800ccc0f 2007, 2010,2013, 2016
Unexpected problems can be corrupted throughout life and are the same if you use Outlook. There are some errors that you may encounter when working on Outlook. One of these problems is Outlook error 0x800ccc0f. So why does this error occur? How to get rid of Outlook 0x800ccc0f in 2007/2010/2013/2016 these Version?
Outlook error 0x800ccc0f: all you need to know:
0x800ccc0f is a common error reported by Outlook users, and occurs when users send or receive SMTP-based email messages but do not connect. This occurs when Outlook cannot connect to the user’s mail server.
You receive the error message: “The connection to the server was interrupted” or “Your server ended unexpectedly” with the error code 0x800ccc0f in Outlook.
Steps to Fix Error 0x800ccc0f Outlook Windows:
Method-1 : Check Your Internet Connection and Server Timeout setting of Your Computer:
Check if your system is connected to Microsoft Exchange. Both the internet connection and the gateway must work properly with the Exchange server. If the connection is the problem, restarting the router may help. Outlook also includes a server time-out bar that fixes the broken connection. As follows, you can increase the server timeout setting:
- Open Outlook >> File tab.
- After that, click on the Account settings then open the Email Accounts window.
- Press Change >> More settings, it will open the Email setting window.
- You will see the Advanced tab and there you can drag the Server Timeout bar to whatever level you want.
- Finally, click OK.
Method-2 Run Outlook in Safe Mode:
Safe mode can solve many Outlook problems. For this reason, it is always a good idea to run Outlook in safe mode without any additional functionality to ensure that it does not conflict with the program. To open safe mode, do the following:
- Open Run by clicking windows key + R.
- On Run, type “Outlook /safe” and press Ok.
- At last, a choose profiles window will pop up, press OK.
This will solve your problems if your problems not solved connect to our technical team for solution and guide to solved issues.