Bellsouth email account is quite common in the States as the email host under the AT&T ISP provider. There seems to be a lot of sign-in issues with this host. If that’s the case for you, the best way is to contact AT&T support. For more information on Bellsouth, don’t hesitate to look in our Bellsouth Solution section.
A Bellsouth email account is very popular in the United States as an AT&T ISP email host. There seems to be a lot of login issues with this host because the user credentials have been discredited or they are unable to login. If this is your case, the best method is to contact AT&T Support. On the other hand, we will need to confirm that you have correctly configured the email host. And since many users use Outlook as their email client, you can find out how to set up a Bellsouth.net account in Outlook.
Bellsouth.net email settings for Outlook
Setting up a Hotmail account on the Outlook is as simple as possible. It doesn’t require any manual configuring of the incoming and outgoing servers. You just enter your credentials and sink emails. However, that’s not the same for all third-party email clients. Some of them require a manual approach when configuring POP3 SMPT servers. Nonetheless, if you have even elementary knowledge about this, the procedure is rather simplistic. Of course, we made sure to explain it below.
How to add Bellsouth.net email in Outlook on Windows 10:
- Open the Outlook client.
- Click on File > Add account.
- Choose Manual configure server settings or additional server types and click Next.
- Click Yes on the next window.
- Enter your Bellsouth.net email address and name.
- Choose IMAP and POP. Click Next.
- For the Incoming Mail Server, enter imap.mail.att.net.
- For the Outgoing Mail Server, enter smtp.mail.att.net.
- Enter your email address and password when prompted.
- Choose More settings and check both My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication and Use same settings as my incoming mail server boxes.
- Open Advanced tab and make sure that the Incoming Server port number for POP3 is 995.
- The Outgoing Server port should be 465.
- Enable SSL under the Use the following type of encrypted connection section.
- Click Finish and that should do it.
If the test fails, replace imap.mail.att.net and smtp.mail.att.net with pop.mail.yahoo.com and smtp.mail.yahoo.com, respectively. After that, you can try again. With that, you should be able to receive and send emails seamlessly. Outlook should allow you all kinds of settings and adjustments, so be sure to customize them to your liking.